I strongly believe that the ideal date look is an enhanced version of your daily self: natural, pretty, and confident. No beauty rule says that big lashes, smokey eyes, and bright lips are the basics of date night makeup. Here are a few tips to remember in order to achieve a strong Valentine’s Day makeup game…
- Neutrals. Neutrals. Neutrals. Save your bright purples for a fun night out with your girls. Keeping it natural for Valentine’s Day is essential. It is for me, at least.
- Definition. Go a bit more dramatic than your usual look by adding definition, and not the opposite. For example, if you rock a winged liner everyday, don’t skip that wing on V-day. Additionally, line your waterline and/or darken your outer-corner.
- Keep it real. And by real I mean “you on daily basis”. In other words, if you slap on a red lippie everyday, then rock that red pout (check out my favorite Valentine’s day reds). If you master the crazy Kim K contour, then contour the hell out of your face. Don’t try to look like someone you’re not everyday.
- Stick to favorites. Today is not a good day to test your new foundation or the eyeshadow primer your friend recommended. Stay on the safe side by sticking to what you know and love.
- Sleep. This is going to be a bit hard to do if you have something extra special planned. Nevertheless, try to sleep. No one wants to see your Chanel under-eye bags.
Just be yourself.
Picture taken by Seikatsu Photography.
What are is your ideal V-Day look?
– Zein xx