Have you ever heard of the brand Bliss? I haven’t before it landed in Dubai about a year ago. Ever since, I’ve read so many positive reviews about its products. Of course, being caught up with the extraordinary student life that I have, I completely forgot about that brand. This month, Glambox teamed up with Bliss by gathering a few of the their staple products in a pink box.
A week or two ago, I attended a cute little Glambox x Bliss event presenting the products in the box. I know, I’m a bit late with this post and the image quality isn’t fantastic. But hey, at least I got the chance to try out the products properly. So without further ado, here are my first impressions:
1. Body Butter in blood orange + white pepper – lets talk about that scent.. The only thing I like about orange is the colour, the juice and the actual fruit. I’m not a huge fan of its scent though. However, it blends pretty well with the white pepper and it’s not that overpowering. Thank God, no headaches – I have enough of those everyday. The body butter itself is, well, buttery and thick as expected. It does a good a job at moisturising. Is it extra special? No. Would I buy it? No.
2. Fabulous Foaming Wash – this is a 2 in 1 cleanser and exfoliator. My mum and I have been using this every day. We managed to finish half of the bottle, already. So yes, we liked it! I’ve never used such a cleanser before. You have to start my massaging it into damp skin so that it creates some sort of foam. After that, you rinse everything off. Now the foam isn’t very foamy and it’s not that exfoliating. But it’s still a great and gentle cleanser. Would I buy it? Yes.
3. Triple oxygen instant energizing mask – I see they keep their names very basic at Bliss.. Another unusual product, for me. You massage the face mask into your skin and it’ll create a layer of foam that you keep for 5 minutes. The foam starts to slowly disappear. Magic! You then rinse it off. Now I’m not sure what this does exactly – because I wasn’t curious enough to check it out. Please excuse my ignorance. But it definitely makes my skin look and feel better, I’m not sure how or why. Would I buy this? Maybe.
4. Blood orange + white pepper Soapy Suds – this can be used either as a body wash or you can pop it in your bath to have a bit of bubbles. It smells absolutely amazing! Although I said I hate orangey scents, quite like them in shower gels. It leaves you feeling so fresh after the shower! The only problem is the lack of lather. Indeed, it is very important for me to be able to do fake Santa beards with lather. Unfortunately, this has not passed the test. Would I buy it? Probably not.
5. Triple oxygen +c energizing cream – along with the cleanser, I’ve been using this everyday, morning and evening. It’s so light but moisturising enough. The vitamin C in it boosts my energy in the morning. I must add that I have zero energy in the morning. I sometimes look like a walking zombie. Again, it has an orange scent to it because of the vitamin C that makes me go meh. Regardless of that, it’s still a nice product to use. Would I buy it? Yes.
6. That’s incredi-peel! – waw. This is by far the standing out elements of the whole box. What’s not to love about it? First of all, how original is that name? Secondly, the result. Holy mother of facial peels. I didn’t expect to see a result right after using it. It’s basically a pad with acid on it that you apply after cleansing and you continue with toner and moisturiser. There were two samples of this in the box. I used them two days in a row and immediately saw a difference: radiant healthy soft skin. Would I but it? Definitely yes.
I’m glad that I got to try out Bliss products via Glambox. I got the time to decide whether I like them or not before purchasing them – the whole point of that pink box. The Glambox team was kind enough to give me a 20% off discount code on future subscriptions for The Beauty Residence readers: GlamTBR. This code will be valid for about a month/a month and half from now. You can click here to subscribe to Glambox.
I hope you’re having a lovely morning/afternoon/evening depending on when you’re reading this 🙂
Have you ever tried Bliss? Recommendations?