March… You have sent me to, both, heaven and hell. I’m not going to complain though. I have fallen in love with quite a few things this month and that’s all that matters. Continue Reading…
Finally! A handful of interesting items that are worth labelling favorites. I’m very hard to please *flicks hair* Continue Reading…
I try to avoid high-end brands. They’re expensive and I’m broke. The basics. Naturally, we all love luxurious products and expect them to be good. Truth is, some of them are rubbish. Shocker. But then again, other pricey toys are simply outstanding.
Other than my five must haves, here are a few items that make me say I’m totally buying this again.
I personally think that no blush will beat Tom Ford blushes. The packaging itself makes you feel like the queen of Sheba. The formula is very buttery. The pigmentation is crazy. And the blendability is dreamy. You can’t ask for more. There aren’t that many shades in the permanent line. Nevertheless, they all look gorgeous. I have the shade Love Lust.
Chanel Chanel Chanel. The double C. The black and gold. The everything. Like our friend Mr. Ford, Ms. Chanel got everything right. For the lipstick lovers out there, the Rouge Coco Shine in Satisfaction is a must have. A go-to universal nude that can be thrown in the handbag but never forgotten. Yes, ladies. It is possible.
Then comes Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. Although applying foundation during the summer is against the Zein laws, this product is worth the mention. It’s actually not a foundation. It’s more of a mask: full coverage and beautiful glow. Just make sure to shake it before using it and to set it after applying it. Other than that, enjoy the flawless finish!
And for the bold lip type of gals, this NARS combo will make you dream. The satin lip pencil in Yu and the Priscilla lip gloss are the perfect glossy fuchsia you’ll find on the market. I never go for fuchsias. Little did I know, they make my eyes look greener than emeralds. Truth. I’m definitely looking forward to trying out more satin lip pencils. And I’m in love with that simple statement packaging. Swoon!
Have you tried any of these products? What are your worth the splurge products?
I came to notice that there are exactly five products I can’t live without (hence the name of the post. Duh.) Even though I don’t use them all on daily basis, they are still necessary items to own.
Eyeliners. They’re hard to use and take time to apply. Well, for me at least. This is why I go the easy way by totally rejecting them on daily basis. However, I found myself using them a lot at the moment. Like, a lot. Don’t get me wrong, I love an eye look with liner but it’s such a hassle to put it on and take it off. I need to be mentally prepared in advanced for this process. A few eyeliners have made it to my top list at the moment.
Starting with Bourjois. They released a new line of eyeliners lately and I have the shades Ultra Black and Crazy About Brown. Coming from a drugstore brand, they are crazy pigmented, super creamy, very long lasting and waterproof. Love love love. I used that brown shimmery shade in my waterline for my graduation look (click here to see it) and it lasted a pretty good while. They also have crazy and fun colours in their line. Very interesting!
So it’s the end of a little two week holidays for me. I’m going back to school on Sunday with a load of exams waiting for me. I can’t wait for this year to finally end. I’ve used all my mental capacities by using and abusing my brain. Other than that, a few products have entered the love circle this month.
We have the new Nivea in-shower Body Lotion. I was supposed to mention this about, er, three months ago? Whoever came up with this concept is a pure genius and a very lazy person. I don’t know about you, but every time I get a new lotion/body cream I get excited about it for the first two days and promise myself that I’ll lather my whole body with it everyday. Of course, I never keep that promise because either I hate the sticky feeling of body lotions, I forget or I’m too lazy. How does this genius-ness work? After washing your whole body in the shower, spread this on the areas you want to moisturise and then rinse it off. Voila. Mucho easy and simple.
Have a lovely Friday 🙂
Monthly favorites posts haven’t seen the light of day for a while, here on the blog, simply because I’m using almost the same products all the time and because nothing seems to be mind blowing these days.
Lately, I’ve been really trying to get good looking skin because:
a) I’m starting to breakout again (fyi I took the Accutane treatment), and…
b) I can’t be bothered to do my eyes everyday. Something has to look good!
This month, I got introduced to Eucerin products thanks to Glambox. The first product is their lip balm. I’ve already used this in the past. It’s one of the most hydrating lip balms that I’ve ever tried! It lives in my pencil case and I always pop it out in class. All the teachers stare at me with a weird look when I do that, haha!
The next Eucerin product is the Aqua Porin Active eye cream. I’ve never used eye cream before, just argan oil sometimes. Wow. I was definitely blown away by the difference it makes. It’s really refreshing and light, and it goes on smoothly.
Since I’ve been working on by skin more than eyes or lips, I’ve been switching between two foundations. The first one is my Holy Grail foundation for everyday use: the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. Love Love Love Looove. I’ve wrote enough about it, you can check out the review here.
Another foundation I’ve been using on my ‘good looking skin’ days is Skin Ideal by Une. I have a deep affection for the dewy glowy fresh finish this gives. If you’re a fan of dewiness and lightweight foundations, this is definitely for you.
The last product on my list has also been introduced to me by Glambox. It’s Lolita Lempika’s Elle L’aime perfume. It’s a mix of floral, fresh lime and coconut. It reminds me a lot of when I’m on holidays.
As for other random updates, there is the Dubai Cycle Tour happening during the weekend. Most of the roads are closed, that’s a bummer. But on the bright side, schools are off today which leaves me with a three day long weekend. Oh Dubai, how I love you!
What are your monthly favorites? Tried any of these before? Leave a comment 🙂
Ok I have to admit I am obsessed with lipsticks but don’t wear them that often. Well.. there are a few reasons 1. I go to school five days a week where people are not ashamed of commenting if your face looks different (whether it’s a positive or negative comment) and 2. lipstick can make your face look “overdressed” when you’re used to seeing your face naked. But there’s no such thing as overdressed. Am I right or am I right?
Although I don’t use lipstick as often as other people, there are a few shades that I find absolutely flattering for winter. After snapping a few shots for the post, I noticed that MAC bullets have invaded the picture. How cliché, I know. I didn’t choose MAC products on purpose, I swear. Also, I have to admit that I don’t own all of these goodies. Few of them are mother dearest’s stuff. Sharing is caring, isn’t it?
Brave by MAC
This has been my go-to lip colour ever since I got it. I find that it works perfectly for every season, throughout the year. Review here.
Cream in your coffee by MAC
As you can see in the picture above, this one is a bit darker than Brave. It looks so nice and natural in this combo here.
Plumful by MAC
My very first MAC lipstick was Plumful – you can tell by whatever is left from it. Out of all the lipsticks they have in store, I still don’t know why I chose this one because it’s really not my type of shade. I’m so glad that I did though. I find it so flattering on almost every skin tone. Unlike most MAC lipsticks, it’s pretty sheer. You can of course build up the colour. Review here.
Rebel by MAC
No, I have never been able to rock a deep lip. Too shy. But I sometimes dab a bit of Rebel onto my lips. It’s actually my mum’s favourite lipstick. I love it when she has it on!
Russian Red by MAC
Although I find this a bit too blue toned, Russian Red stays the standard red lip shade for winter and only winter. If I were to choose a red lippy during the rest of the year, it would definitely not be this one.
Honey Douce by Revlon
This one is from the Just Bitten Kissable line. Another go-to lip shade for casual days. I would wear this to school unlike the MAC ones. It’s pretty subtle and flattering. Review here.
Celestial by Rimmel
Celestial is part of the Apocalips line. I still have to mention how amazing this line is. I just can’t get over it. Celestial is another pink colour that would look lovely during the whole year. Review here.
What are you favorite lip shades for winter?
Happy new year everyone! You know it’s a new year when every girl chops off her hair and dyes it in a different colour. Well, a part from me, of course. I’m the only one stuck with curly hair problems. Anyways.. Dear God, this year was so busy and hectic! Luckily, I had enough time to breathe. A lot has happened during 2013, other than the usual ups and downs: I got featured in a magazine for the first time (woot woot!), I hosted my first giveaways, I made it to 100 followers, etc. Honestly, I still can’t believe people read what I have to say and take their time to comment. To the people who comment all the time, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Enough with the rambling. That was a very long intro. I suggest you go take a snack and make yourself a hot cup of coffee or tea before you keep on reading. And since this is a favourites post, I might get a bit carried away when I’ll share my love for a few products. Just a bit.
Ladies and gentlemen (if there are any), my 2013 favourites:
1. Dermalogica’s Daily Macrofoliant – love love love this stuff! I’ve used this like crazy this year. I actually finished it a few days ago *sheds a tear* Click here for a full review.
2. Eucerin lip balm – I got this with December’s Glambox. I’m not sure if I have the right to put it in my 2013 favourites as I’ve used it for only half a month now. But I did say that I’ve used it in the past and loved it. It’s a truly great lip balm and worth the mention.
3. Argan oil – I went to Morocco this year and got a small bottle of Argan oil for each member of my family. This oil is just fantastic for your skin. You would be surprised by the result. I apply it every night before sleeping and wake up with amazing skin.
4. Absolute Beautifying Potion by Davines – would you believe me if I told you that I can’t live without this? My hair is just a mess if I don’t use this after every shower. If I had to pick just one favourite item for the whole year, I think it would be this one. Review here.
5. Chanel’s perfume in Allure – this perfume has been worn by several members of my family for years now. Ever since I was a child, I was a huge fan of it. Now that I’m old enough to wear this kind of fragrances, I got myself a bottle of it. The number of compliments I get when I have Allure on is unimaginable. I think I found the perfume. Mentioned and reviewed here.
6. Bronzing Primer by Bourjois – I don’t use this as a primer very often. But I use this just to contour or instead of foundation. This primer is one of the mind blowing products of the year. I enjoyed everything about it. Love this baby.
7. Sigma’s Eye Shadow Base – very creamy, luxurious and creaseless bases. I own the shades Provoke and Pose. They are amazing for go-to makeup. More details and full review here.
8. Armani Eyes To Kill mascara – until now, nothing tops this. I’m a drugstore mascara girl, but this is worth the price tag. Enough said.
9. Apocalips by Rimmel – I loved the formula of this so much that I went back and got the shade Big Bang and I have my eye on Stellar as well. I’ve shared enough of love in their review here.
10. Jane Iradale’s LipColour – Oh Em Gee. Another mind blowing 2013 product. This little bullet is just marvellous. Review here.
11. Sigma’s F80 brush – this flat kabuki brush is the perfect brush to achieve a flawless look. It blends the foundation seamlessly, better than the typical foundation brushes. You can get it here.
12. Sigma’s P80 brush – their flat precision brush is a smaller version of the F80. Does the exact same job with concealer. Again, great buy! Click here to get it.
13. Sigma’s F35 brush – if I had to choose one face brush for a beginner’s kit, it would be this tapered highlighter brush. It’s amazing how much it can get done. I use it for cream and powder products, blush, highlighter, bronzer, setting powder – especially to get to specific areas such as the under eye area or around the nose. Love it! You can get it by clicking here.
Et voila! If you want to know more about the product make sure you check out the reviews or you can navigate easily on the blog with the labels, in the tool bar on the right hand side, just by clicking on the name of the brand or the function of the product.
I hope you all had a great year and that you fulfilled your resolutions, unlike me *guilty*.
What are you favorite 2013 products? Leave a comment below 🙂